Based on the data of the American Heart Association (AHA), almost one out of three Americans has high blood pressure. The sad part is that they are not aware that the disorder is already in their system.
Only when it becomes severe by manifesting symptoms like nosebleeds, headache, or dizzy spells will the individual submit himself for examination, only to learn that he is already a hypertension sufferer.
He will now require medication, adopt certain diet restrictions, and lifestyle change. On the other hand, he can opt for herbs known to be effective in controlling high blood pressure. The use of alternative medicines has been a common practice among old folks in almost every parts of the globe.
These people were able to tap the vast potential given by Mother Nature without the need of synthetic medicines produced by pharmaceutical companies. In earlier times, this was snubbed by the medical world due to inadequate scientific basis.
To date, a lot of medical studies are underway to validate these herbs as effective treatments for high blood pressure since they are now gaining worldwide acceptance even for other illnesses.
In connection with this, there are 7 tried and tested herbs available to provide the hypertension sufferer natural treatments for high blood pressure:
1. Garlic – Has shown its effectiveness by lowering the bad cholesterol (LDL), maintains the capability of blood to flow freely, strengthens the heart, mild diuretic, and antibacterial.
2. Turmeric – Is an Indian herb commonly used in curry foods but contains curcumin. Curcumin has antioxidant properties that helps improve blood flow, liver metabolism and make the blood vessels stronger.
3. Hawthorn Berry – Improves the flow of blood by opening the coronary arteries. It prevents the arteries from hardening and helps strengthen the heart muscle for better function.
4. Gingko Biloba – This is good for dilation of the arteries, improvement of blood circulation leading to the lowering of high blood pressure. Also, it aids in improving the memory and increasing the flow of blood particularly in the brain area.
5. Olive leaf - The extracts are used for irregular heartbeat and for normalizing the blood pressure.
6. Ginger – Aside from its health properties in improving the blood circulation and relaxing the muscles around the blood vessels, this is also used for easing the digestion.
7. Maitake - A Chinese mushroom commonly used in lowering the cholesterol levels, both the systolic and diastolic.
Complementing these herbs for high blood pressure are nutritional food supplements like coenzyme Q10, calcium, folic acid and vitamins B6, B12, E and C.
Additionally, not all herbs can be used in the treatment of high blood pressure. Medical science has suspected that rosemary oil, Asian ginseng, ephedra, and licorice can trigger this medical problem.
Nevertheless, proper doctor consultation is always needed before venturing in the use of herbs for high blood pressure.
Discover how you can lower your blood pressure NATURALLY using natural remedies. Say NO to drugs and get your life back starting TODAY. Click here for more information.